There are two sides to every story



In a life with four children, I am allowed to set out to accomplish one thing every day.
Sometimes I can do more but I can only schedule the completion of one thing.
Say go to the Library, or dig under the tomatoes.
They can both happen in one day but are in truth unlikely to with out something else
suffering terribly.
You know you cook an amazing meal have a great bottle of wine
and the kids eat it.
Job well done.
But you worked so hard preparing and thinking about this meal that you are too wiped out after it to even clear the table. Obviously you over booked yourself.


Well....my livingroom got an overhaul yesterday.


Doesn't it look nice.

Feels a little like a hotel it's so clean and ordered

Here is the room that got left behind.

Even the vacuum didn't get put away.
How lazy do you have to be not to walk that the
10ft to the closet. I could have even had a kid do it.

Of course the kids are the reason I live a house that looks likes this.
Oh I could tell you "we don't live like this normally" But come back in a month and you will see
WE DO.
The worst is the babysitter who comes once a week and sees the same mess as last week. The one I said I was getting too. I am not even getting to hygiene on a daily basis. How the heck am I going to put that box of this and that, that I collected from here and there into the right storage box, that I do actually have labeled and stored.

SO any way. I love my living room. It's a little stiff for my taste. But it looks great and feels so refreshing. I have visions of knitting in front the fire with the children at my feet reading and having thoughtful conversations. I don't know when I am going to find time to learn how to knit. Or where I will find these children that can sit contemplatively within a foot of each other.
I'm sure I will get there though.

This was my one thing to acomplish today. I'm babysitting a friends four children (triplets and a nine year old) today and I have to go pick up the 1/4 cow I bought. I also have to return our library books or I may as well buy them. So you see today already setting up to be crazy.
Can you say mac and cheese dinner. MMMMMMM.


0 comments: