Summers coming to an end here. The garden so completely neglected it has turned on us and breached it's borders. School starts in a week and the pace of a routine will be greatly appreciated.  I have floundered and flopped since swim team ended. But now there will be lunches to pack and lessons to give, a gym membership to use, stews to make.  I have made these bags for Ryland's lunches but they are working great keeping the fruit flies out of our tomatoes. 

It's a simple muslin bag with  a drawstring closure. 
I added the toggle to make it easy for Ry to use. 
Less chance of it getting a knot. 
Now I have to make a ton of them because they are going to be so useful.

It is either too hot or too rainy to go outside. So we pillaged the 
thrift stores and have comfy new pillows and dozens of new books and 
mystery yarn to snuggle down in our giant open air fort. 



We ran over to the fabric store today, while to two bigs were at tennis camp, 
and might if all goes well have new Ryland skirt to share tomorrow. 
She had hoped for a kimono alas the pattern was definitely not on sale. 
Simon's picture is probably posted in the break room at JoAnn's now. 
There are worse places to wreck havoc I suppose. 
But as I only have two fabric stores in town I'd rather not be banned from them. 
At least we gave the  staff something to do should they 
find themselves with down time.  Of course some of the more tricky places he hid 
things will take moving the store to find.  
Maybe inventory will reveal where he hid my pack of bias tape? 
Oh and as an aside not that anyone NEEDS to know this. 
Fresh blueberries are NOT the snack to bring to the fabric store. 
Hmmmmm. 


1 comments:

  1. How about a stamp with the days of the week for the lunch bags. You could then tell how old the half eaten sandwich is. Come play in Jackson, I miss you more because I just saw you.
    Hank