HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA BANANA!


We are deep in whale world these days. Posts are all the house about how bad whaling is.  The kids did some math based on a whale mom and her pup against a pig mama and her litter. Just to show why eating whales causes their extinction but not pigs. It was big number math and very cool.  There are so many cool species of whales and Harper is charting them all by Kingdom, phylum, class, etc.  We are going to try to build a ship out of a cereal box today.
 Wish me luck 


Random thought: Simon is beginning to wean and it is so very sweet how he loves on his milk.  He goes to sleep without nursing and "when the sun comes up" he gets to nurse again. We hunker down into the bed and nurse and snuggle for 30-45 min. Often it is only the two of us in bed. We curl into each other and smush as close as we can. It is the only moment of the day that nursing him isn't an inconvenience. In between nursings he lays on my tummy and looks up at the ceiling chatting and thinking then he rolls back and asks for more. His legs curl up and fit just right so that I can curl mine around him.

 I had a dream the other night that I was pregnant again and even in the dream this distressed me to tears. I know I  am done with babies and I am happy to be done but I watch him harder and smell him deeper knowing I will never again have this snuggle. This morning bliss. It is such a divine way to start the day. 

0 comments: