Sometimes a quiet child doesn't mean that you will need a new lipstick
or a supersize box of magic erasers.
Sometimes it means they are creating a masterpiece.

I love this newest instillation in our living room.
It is built inside an antique baguette server
that I nabbed from my sister on my last visit home.

We were at a loss for what these could be used for in our own homes
finally after much debate we realized they perfectly hold cheese, crackers and apple slices
What a lovely way to serve a normal snack.

Not that I ever got around to using it that way.
No it has sat on the shelf just as my sister's has.

And now I know why.
It was calling to the children

Build on me,
I am your vessel.

Make the mundane the joyous.

The simple sublime.



Thank you for this lovely treat,
which ever quiet child did it.
It has brought a dreamy quality to an otherwise utilitarian piece of art.

1 comments:

  1. gaudy fragrant roses
    stir looming melancholy,
    anticipating frost.