Fall has arrived.
Summer has been washed away with four days of heavy rain.
Soon there will be electric yellow leaves on our Ginko tree.
The red and yellow leaves of our oak will make the ground a Monet style painting.

I can't say I am sad to September go.
We have struggled with many failures this summer.
Had many losses.
Felt a little too much hurt.


But the rains are doing away with all of those things,
I can feel the sorrow, so great in my chest this month, ebbing into acceptance.
I needed these cool wet days to fully morn it all.


The sun is supposed to come out Sunday with fresh fall air.
So will I, return to my general state of life.
The kids need haircuts, the driveway needs to be blown, the chicken coop finished.
All these things will certainly bring a sense of order.
Life will continue and the beautiful moments will catch our attention a little more for a time.
Reminding us that happiness is here for the taking.
If we want it.
We do have to want it though.
Seek it out
Look for it
See it when it arrives.
Then open the door to let it in.
Happiness is a choice everyday.







0 comments: