Whoooo snow again. It is so wonderful to be southerner when it snows. You will hardly ever find us moaning or complaining about it. Every time I look outside I feel like I am in Narnia. 
Of course the flip side of this glory is that my Japanese magnolia will not bloom this year and my daffodils are dead before ever having the chance to show their pretty face. But down here in zone 7 it's still a peaceful and glorious sight.

Simon is our sit  and read kid now. You can't get anything done for having to read to him. He has his favorite chair that you must sit in it to read.  Moo Baa LA LA LA is now memorized by everyone as is Brown Bear.  

We have begun all of the projects that a false spring makes seem possible.  A pantry to build a deck to stain. Most foolish of all we are mortaring the seams in our cinder block walls. Then painting over that with a textured sand paint. The first round of Fix all compound worked great. But them we switched to mortar.  So after chipping off that disaster last night, I am back to compound fix all patch product.  It's quite dusty here.  It's going to look great when we are done (in five years).  Here is a sample.....

The corner by the door frame is done and you can just barely make out the seams. I am knitting and hoping to clean out the craft room so it I can work in it soon.  I'll post that shot in a day or two. Maybe, it's really embarrassing.  Hope it beautiful today where you are.  It's sunny and melting here, 70 by Friday. Southern weather never a dull moment.

1 comments:

  1. "no no you say, that isn't right!" this line makes my 1 year old giggle every time. Two of our favorites!