That collective sigh you feel, that's the sound of school starting up again. 

Even at home we felt the lack of structure. Manic children crazy nutty adults.
The children require so much rhythm in their day. The drum beat of going 
to school,  the snack, the play etc. Even homeschoolers need that rhythm, that succinct
tick of the day. We have bickered and fought until we are blue. watched enough 
TV and eaten enough garbage. 
So that even I sigh and look forward to our routine. With all of it's hard work.
My job is to have their environment ready and that's a tall order. 
Harper needs a quiet place with no distractions, Cole needs to be challenged, Ryland needs to read, Simon needs to destroy. They need me to have snack ready and the table clear so that our minds can be peaceful. I need to have at least looked at the work I am giving them. Not that I have but I need to.  We begin our specials today. Art, Latin, Cooking and Piano. I am overwhelmed by the thought of teaching them everything. I have to remember they are young and will be learning for the rest of their lives. 
At least I got the shelves set up. 

1 comments:

  1. good luck mama! we are in the same boat. I really should be getting dressed and hauling myself up off the computer and getting started. I don't know where to start these days. My son is balking at doing anything and my daughter wants to do "school" all day! I just want to sit and knit!