The last day of school has come and gone like a storm surge.  
It was all team building work and potty training.  
Neither went as planned.
 We are apparently not a terribly good team today. 
We should each have the privilege of a crew that will do our bidding without quibbling.  
I know that no one paid attention to what I wanted from them today and I am certain I caught myself ignoring their needs in order to once again find the perfect placement for the furniture. 

The end result is everyone in their own corner of the couch fort. No roof!! 
 With a stack of books and a hunker down mentality driven by the line of 
thunderstorms both inside the house and out. 

Potty training is a riot. 
We stroll to the potty about every three to five min. to pee a teeny bit and toot.  If I am feeling like hanging out with my face too close to the stinky potty,
I tell a winding tale of Kermit the Frog and Beaker going pee together.  
Kermit's long squeaky farts, Beakers loud toots, all told with voluminous sound effects. 
He sits there clinging to my arms trying to fart. 
So far today he has peed with a large hairy orangutan, 
a Harry Potter wizard's hat on, a marker, used for drawing on my legs,
 and a bowl of pirates booty. But he has not I repeat NOT peed or pooped on the floor. And even though I was forced to eat germ infested cheese snacks while squatting in front of a potty that's smell is reminiscent of a gas station restroom my children once refused to step into, I consider the day a success. 
I have however lost the kitchen counter again. Oh well. 

I would photograph the garden for you today,
 but as it hasn't stopped raining.
 Our creek runneth over will have to do. 



0 comments: