Made a little skirt for Ryland today (the one in the photo).  Actually I just chopped off a size 3T Old Navy dress that she loved. I cut it right where the armpit begins which left me with a teeny bit of fabric with which to contruct a waist. Don't look too close. It's not pretty and in hind sight I should've maybe used at least one pin instead of counting on the firm pressing I gave it to hold. But hey who cares. She's wearing it. I got a great tip from Anna on the elastic waist. "Don't make it smaller than her waist" So a perfect 20" of elastic is slid into the fold and holds up just right. The elastic does twist which makes me crazy, I tried tacking it down in two places, I think I'm going to have go in for four more. 

Still the sewing machine and kitchen counters have been dug out today. I have a crazy sweet tooth this afternoon that I a trying to treat with spoonfuls of peanut butter and honey straight from the jar. YUM! I would've put the PB on a granola bar but there are only four left and the fear of the baby waking up and finding us eating granola bars and not sharing kept me out of the box. I can just see his little sticken (angry) face as he guilts me into giving my treat up. No Thank you. I'd rather not have it all than have to give it up to a sniffling toddler who will only want to nurse with a fist and face full of peanut butter.  I might need an ice cream sandwich later though. 



Our sweet old dog who is full on dying of cancer won a reprieve and gets to stay with us for another week or so. We were going to take her in today but at the last minute decided to wait. I am torn on this one. On the one hand she really cannot breathe well, but on the other she is still getting around and happy. I think we just weren't ready this week.  


From the garden comes the last of the lettuce. It's too hot here and it is making it bitter. The bunny likes it though, so it will stay in the garden for a bit and help  keep the weeds down. I missed the market yesterday so no fresh vegtables and cheese until next Wed.
 Damn you swim team. 


0 comments: