Summer break has officially started.  
Kids are playing, the sun is shining and I am sewing.
 Hope to have a doll's dress to show tomorrow. 
There is decadence everywhere here. 
We are lazing around in the morning til 8 and not emptying the dishwasher til 5. 
Snacks are consumed ALL day long.  
We are rocking out to old 80's beach music. 

Nobody should have to work.

Alas I'm the mom. Dang it. I need a cook, and a maid. I want to roll around reading all day, move from game to game and never think about whether or not there is enough milk for cereal AND coffee.  Still  I watch my children as they suck summer break up and I relish in their luxury. I want to bake them cookies everyday and hold their sun soaked bodies all night. 
Heads are drenched in  sweat and smell sweet and salty.
We are wrapped up in summer lust. 
Until the hard heat chases us indoors. 

Todays garden is a glimpse of summer heat to come. 
We only ever had a bite of this broccoli, 
the flowers are quite lovely though. 




0 comments: