My Baby Grand



She is turning five today.  
I hate five. 
It is so the end of my little bit and the beginning of my girl.  
She wept and sobbed last night about her hair cut. 
Ranting that it was too short and she hated it.  It was all we could do not to laugh out loud while she was still in the room. Because she was throwing a teenage sized hissy fit.  
Especially since her hair is longer than anyone else's in the house.  
It broke my heart.  
Get a look at that style though. 
 Such pizzaz. 
She makes me weep watching her grow. 
She is magic.  Pure, full throttle, emotions at full tilt, 
watch your ass around her, magic.   
I love you little bit. 
Happy  Birthday.


2 comments:

  1. To Ryland:

    Five is all on one hand.
    It is Lincoln's five dollar bill and 200th birthday.
    Five is how many our family
    and how many my Family set at table.
    It is years since I was a fool. Five is fat and easy to write forward or back.
    It was part of fifty and will be a part of sixty five.
    I am not five and you are. Love,and Happy Birthday
    Oma

     
  2. i always marveled at how there could be so much life in someone so small.
    fearless and defiant, your little bit has already taken the world by storm...