Books

Okay so here what's happened to me for the past two weeks.  Twilight.   I have been totally absorbed in the first three books these last two weeks. Yes Simon cutting a tooth was an unnoticed blip in the week. If he wanted to nurse which was always I gleefully grabbed my book and curled up until his tooth felt better.  Shame on me. And counseling Harper on fractions which I know nothing about while reading.  Making dinner while reading.  Reading and playing ball drop. Using my babysitting dollars to read.  It was like Potter all over again. I love that I have come to these books after all of them have been released. I don't know how people waited.  So glad I didn't have to.  Inkheart series same thing.  I 'm  an anxious girl to begin with.  I have often found myself with an entire series on my bedside table finishing one book and picking up the next just so I can resolve something before I fall asleep. 
Is that a control issue??? Dunno.

 I do think it would be nice to know if authors are planning on setting up a series or not before you begin. Hello ....Gone With the Wind.....I mean come on. You know that she had more to say. That story was not done. But then again what story is ever done. They all continue.  I suppose I will have to return my story now. Dishes, laundry, the way my children fill my soul and my day.

My Little Bit is turning Five in a few days and its dreadful. I've ask her to stop her but in her infinite wisdom she told me she couldn't stop having having birthdays they would just keep coming year after year. I mentioned not being able to snuggle her anymore and she informed me that I was welcome to hold her children like that when she had them at 18. OMG!! I talked her into 27 then she suggested 40. Why the heck not. 

Children growing up is the worst. They don't have anyone making sure their story will have a sequel.  You can't jump to the ending just to know. It's written as it comes. Stories in real time have no guarantee.  It is a manuscript to delicate to set down for even a day.  
Namaste'    

0 comments: