Overheard in school today. 



Harper:  "Mom you're knitting?! Do you want me teach you how to cast on." 
Me:     "Yes, please"
Harper : "Don't forget this is practice"


Ryland  :  "Hey we all have penmanship, and writing. And everyone has Math."
Coulson:  "I bet everyone who is lucky enough to go to school has math." 
Harper :  "People who home school are lucky."  
Coulson : "Yeah they're the luckiest."  


Harper : "Mom, 4/5 of my cards for the card exchange have water in them and 
 2/5 have land in them."
Me:  "Umm honey....you might need to do the math on that one again." 
Harper: "HUH?.......4 have water, 2 have land"
Me:    "You only have five cards"
Harper:   "One card has both."    
 Smirk and a walk away..... Ah yes the beginnings of a teenage mind. 


For a day that began with me in a low energy,  lethargy mood,  wishing I could just pull up and go get haircuts for everyone and spend the day buying useless stuff at goodwill. The day had a storybook hour and half.  It was only a short moment but it helped me tremendously. I am in the Feb. doll drums, I need a spring  garden and a total house re-do.  Perhaps an eclipse. Maybe if the laundry was done? Nah......I just need to hang on to those clips of joy until March.   

Okay May.

 






1 comments:

  1. grab on and hold tight! I'm trying to do the same. If only it wasn't below zero outside!